As a leading research institute we feel duty-bound to establish and cultivate a lively and rewarding exchange between professionals, pharmaceutical companies, patient care organisations and patients. We therefore employ evolved structures and contacts in order to mediate between our research activities and the people involved.
To guarantee an exchange between research and practice, HaFCED leads the way when it comes to cultivating contacts to national and international interest groups and opinion leaders. It is a member of or a participant in the following institutions:
- ECCO (European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation)
- BNG (Association of German Gastroenterologists in Private Practice)
- DGVS (German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases)
- German IBD Excellence Network
- BDI (German Association of Internists)
- ACG GI Circle
- DGIM (German Society for Internal Medicine)
Besides our memberships in various associations and institutions, we are involved in direct, intensive collaborative activities.
- Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, IBD Center
- UKSH University Clinic Kiel, Prof. Dr. Schreiber
- Asklepios Westklinikum Hamburg
- Collaboration with gastroenterologists in private practice
- Laboratory Dr. Fenner (long-term local collaboration with expertise on IBD, esp. analyses)
- Stiftung Darmerkrankungen